Real, But... Chains
Sometimes, on very rare occasions, an e-mail chain letter can contain absolutely true and accurate information... at least when they first hit the 'net. Living too long online - where anonymous authors can add and change facts, but the author cannot retract or update his work - can cause any chain letter to become inconsistent, outdated, exaggerated or simply full of lies. Or maybe they never contained the whole truth to begin with. E-mail is simply an unreliable tool for distributing news and information.
The Chains (in alphabetical order by bolded keyword - page three)
- Buy Pink M&M's For Breast Cancer Research
KEYWORDS: Pink M & Ms, M&Ms;, M&M;'s, breast cancer, Pink, White, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, 8-ounce bag, 50 cents, Masterfoods
- Be a Part of the World's Largest Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer Research
KEYWORDS: 3M Corporation, Post It, World's Largest Pink Ribbon, Times Square, Breast Cancer, awareness month, October, billboard
- Ann Margaret's Salute to a Veteran
KEYWORDS: Richard, Vietnam, USO, Ann Margaret, Bob Hope, bookstore, signing
- A Marine's Night Before Christmas
KEYWORDS: Night Before Christmas, Marine, Okinawa
- Earth's Close Encounter With Mars
KEYWORDS: astronomy, red planet, earth, Mars
- Rick Mathes Challenges a Muslim Imam?
KEYWORDS: Rick Mathes, training session, state prison security clearance, Roman Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Islamic Imam, questions and answers, jihad, holy war, infidel
- Jody McCloud's Address About Organized Prayer at High School Football Games
KEYWORDS: Statement, PA system, football game, Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee, principal, Jody McLoud, September 1, 2000, prayer, national anthem, God, country
- Mondex Biochips: The Mark of the Beast?
KEYWORDS: Mondex, smartcard, biochip, implant, rice, right hand, head, Revelations, mark, beast, Master Card
- A Volunteer's Account of Bad Behavior in New Orleans?
KEYWORDS: Mississippi Doctor, news, traumatic experience, volunteer, George R. Brown convention center, Katrina, New Orleans, Astrodome, Louisiana, Richard L. Johnston, M.D.
- Who Packed Your Parachute?
KEYWORDS: Parachute, Charles Plumb, Navy, Vietnam, Kitty Hawk
- Colin Powell Tells off the Archbishop of Canterbury
KEYWORDS: England, Colin Powell, Archbishop of Canterbury, Iraq, empire building, George Bush, United States
- Two Lists of Presidential Coincidences
KEYWORDS: Coincidence, president, elected, Harrison, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Harding, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush, died, office, assassinated
- The Presidential Prayer Team
KEYWORDS: Presidential Prayer Team, pray, President, Cabinet, window decal
- Nine Puppies in Need of Homes
KEYWORDS: free puppies, husband, trash bin, starvation, die, home, black, brown
- What to Do if Your Purse or Wallet is Stolen
KEYWORDS: Corporate Attorney, purse, wallet, SS#, credit, cell phone, visa, gateway computer PIN, DMV, eqifax, experian, trans union, Social Security Administration
- Free Money from the Music Industry
KEYWORDS: Lawsuits, recording industry, trial, price fixing, consumers, American Citizen
- Procter & Gamble Supports Gay Marriage?
KEYWORDS: American Family Association, Focus on the Family, Procter, Gamble, ad, Cincinnati
- Radio Caller Gives Shocking Answer to DJ's Question
KEYWORDS: WBAM FM, Morning show, chicago, DJs, Mate Match, partner, in the ass
- Free Roadside Assistance in Texas?
KEYWORDS: Texas, women, drivers license, 1-800-525-5555, emergency assistance
- Jacqueline Saburido: Drunk Driving Victim
KEYWORDS: Drink, drive, Jacqueline Saburido, September 19, 1999, burns
- Columbine Father Darrell Scott's Testimony to Congress
KEYWORDS: Columbine, Darrell Scott, Rachel Scott, Columbine High School, Littleton, Colorado, House Judiciary Committee, congress, God
- Arizona Sheriff Uses Soldiers' Sacrifices to Rebuke Inmate Complaints
KEYWORDS: Arizona, Phoenix, associated press, inmates, encampment, Maricopa County Jail, tents, boxer shorts, Joe Arpaio, Iraq, soldiers, crimes
- Judge William Young Rebukes the Shoe Bomber
KEYWORDS: Ruling, Judge William Young, Shoe bomber, Richard Reid, prison, United States, Court
- Student Sneaks Forbidden Prayer into Graduation with a Sneeze
KEYWORDS: Sneeze, students, auditorium, pray, commencements, court ruling, final speech, standing ovation, Sneeze, God bless you
- Truckers' Prayers Lead to Sniper's Capture
KEYWORDS: Presidential Prayer Team, news, Christian, truckers, Ron Lantz, God, Sniper
- Delayed Airline Passengers Give Their Seats to Soldiers
KEYWORDS: Baltimore Airport, Monday, October 27, annapolis, Los Angeles, Sunday, fires, flight, United, soldiers, Iraq, troops, Iraq
- Poor Girl's 57 Cents Builds Temple Baptist Church and University?
KEYWORDS: 57 cents, church, sunday school, pastor, deakons, newspaper, realtor, donations, Philadelphia, Temple Baptist Church, Temple University, Good Samaritan Hospital, Dr. Russel H. Conwell, Acres, Diamonds, St. Theresa Prayer
- Formosan Termites in Mulch from Louisiana?
KEYWORDS: home owners, landscaping, LSU, termites, mulch, spring, summer, hurricane, New Orleans, trees, mulch, home depot, Lowes, formosan
- Airline Passenger Witnesses Terrorists' 'Dry Run?'
KEYWORDS: terror, skies, Annie Jacobsen, WWS, exclusive, Northwest Airlines Flight #327, Detroit, Los Angeles, 14 middle eastern men
- New Texas Law Requires Motorists to Slow Down for Emergency Vehicles?
KEYWORDS: Texas law, Southwest Freeway, speed limit, Bissonnett/Braeswood overpass, HPD, radar gun, slow down, ticket, Gessner, slow down, emergency vehicles, pull over
- The Rituals of the Tomb of the Unknowns?
KEYWORDS: Interesting Facts, Tomb, Unknowns, 21 steps, twenty-one gun salute, about face, gloves, rifle, guards
- Two Questions About Historical Figures and Morality
KEYWORDS: two, questions, woman, pregnant, kids, deaf, blind, mentally retarded, syphilis, abortion, world leader
- Hide Your VIN Number From Car Thieves
KEYWORDS: car thieves, system, car, truck, windshield, VIN number, label, dash, dealership, duplicate key
- The Story of Kurt and Brenda Warner
KEYWORDS: Supermarket, Kurtis, Brenda, son, paraplegic, Down's Syndrome, Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams
- Denzel Washington Takes on Katie Couric?
KEYWORDS: Denzel Washington, FOX, Meet the Press, Tim Russert, Katie Couric, NBC, Meryl Streep, Manchurian Candidate, Fahrenheit 9/11, anti-bush, anti-republican
- Denzel Washington and the Fisher House?
KEYWORDS: Denzel Washington, BAMC, Brook Army Medical Center, Soldiers, Germany, burn victims, Fisher Houses, hotel, families, base, Marine, Iraq, son
- Cindy Williams Says G.I.s Earn Enough
KEYWORDS: Military Pride, Cindy Williams, Lavern and Shirley, Washington Times, Hill AFB, Michael Bragg
- Minister Joe Wright's Prayer for the Kansas Senate
KEYWORDS: prayer, Kansas, Senate, Joe Wright, Paul Harvey
- Don't Use Zippered Suitcases?
KEYWORDS: Luggage, clam shell, zipper, pointed tools, picture
« Previous Page