The Grab Bag
Some chain letters simply defy categorization, but nonetheless have all the shortcomings of their brethren and still lack any real value. Some are relatively harmless, unless you count annoyance as a form of harm (and after you've received about a dozen of these, you will). In this category, you'll find friendship chains, heart-wrenching stories, copied news reports, baseless scam warnings and other drivel - basically anything used as a poor substitute for quality personal contact.
The Chains (in alphabetical order by bolded keyword - page one)
- The ACLU Objects to Marines Praying?
KEYWORDS: ACLU, Marines, praying, ceremony, birthday, corps, federal employees, Lucius Traveler, Colonel Jack Fessender, Commandant
- Alternative Uses for Everyday Household Products
KEYWORDS: Water, headache, colgate, altoids, horseradish, olive oil, vinegar, honey, alka-seltzer, preparation H, Listerine, toenail fungus, maybelline crystal clear, eyeglasses, coca-cola, rust, Formula 409, Elmers Glue, Hunt's tomato paste, Heinz, Dawn dishwashing liquid, fleas, Bounce, dryer sheet, Wesson corn oil, vaseline, quaker oats
- Ameritech Wants To Share Your Personal Information
KEYWORDS: Betty Montgomery, Ameritech, phone bill, SBC, sell, account information, Attorney General
- AnyBirthday.com Helps Crooks Steal Your Identity?
KEYWORDS: Public records, www.anybirthday.com, personal information, address, SS#, social security number, SSN
- The Atheist Girl and Jesus
KEYWORDS: God, gun, southern newspaper, true, atheist couple, child, daughter, Lord, shot, foster, mother, Christian
- Is Psalm 118 the "Center of the Bible?"
KEYWORDS: Bible, new testament, old, chapter, psalms, verse, prayer
- Man Gets Bill for $0.00
KEYWORDS: True Story, Australia, Derek Guille, ABC Radio, Kandos, Mudgee, bill, gas line, $0.00, Westpack Banking Corporation
- The Black Inheritance Tax Credit
KEYWORDS: Tax refund, African American, United States, slavery, Black Inheritance Tax Refund, 40 Acres, Mule,
- Woman Has Biscuits for Brains
KEYWORDS: Biscuits, murder, Linda Brunet, San Diego, shot, brains, paramedics, bread dough, Pillsbury
- Always Use Blind Carbon Copy to Forward Messages
KEYWORDS: Warning, forward, addresses, To, BCC, Blind Carbon Copy, Broward County, Sheriff, Kendall, Fl., stalker
- Alternative Uses for Bounce Dryer Sheets
KEYWORDS: Bounce, Dryer sheets, ants, odor, mosquito, soap scum, static, freshen
- Bread Packages are Color-Coded
KEYWORDS: Stores, twist tie, Grocery, plastic clips
- Terrorists Bought Thousands of Dollars Worth of Candy from Costco
KEYWORDS: Costco, Wayne, Hackensack, candy, trick or treating, Arabic
- Was Captain Kangaroo a War Hero?
KEYWORDS: Captain Kangaroo, Lee Marvin, Arlington National Cemetery, Navy Cross, Iwo Jima, sergeant, Tonight Show, Johnny Carson, Lee Marvin, Bob Keeshan
- Anthrax Warning from the CDC
KEYWORDS: cdc, administration, email@example.com, Center for Disease Control, official alert, anthrax, Margaret Browning
- Unlock Your Car With Your Cell Phone?
KEYWORDS: cars, remote, button, key ring, keys, spare, OnStar, cell phone, unlock
- Don't Talk About Military Relatives in Chat Rooms
KEYWORDS: members, information, message boards, military, spouses, friends, terrorist
- Arthur Fleming, Winston Churchill and penicillin
KEYWORDS: St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, Alexander Fleming, Winston Churchill, National Friendship Week
- Pray for the Fallen CIA Officer
KEYWORDS: CIA Agent, killed Afghanistan, Marine, wife, children, cancer
- Insurance Fraud About Cigars Lost in Fires
KEYWORDS: Lawyer, Charlotte, NC, cigars, insured, fire, smoked, insurance company, claim, judge, arson
- Don't Drink Coke After A Certain Date
KEYWORDS: friend, sister-in-law, hospital, man, arab, Americans, Coke, September 1, authorities
- The Ant That Found the Contact Lens
KEYWORDS: Josh and Karen Zarandona, Brenda, rock climbing, contact lens, ant, cartoonist
- Daisy the WTC Hero Dog
KEYWORDS: Sweet Daisy, James Crane, World Trade Center, blind, golden retriever, New York Times
- The Dalai Lama's Instructions for Life in the new Millennium.
KEYWORDS: Mantra, good luck, superstitious, instructions, life
- The Dalai Lama's Personality Test
- The Darwin Awards
KEYWORDS: Darwin Award, candidates, Daniel Jones, Santiago Alvarado, Nick Berrena, Sylvester Briddell, Randy Taylor, Jason Heck, Martyn Eskins, Paul Stiller, Kerry Bingham, Friedrich Riesfeldt, elephant
- Forward This or a Dead Girl Will Kill You?
KEYWORDS: Jane, Jenna, Bloody Mary, black hair, red eyes, scary eyes, dead, send, kill
- A "Death Star" Will Destroy the Earth in 2003
KEYWORDS: Prophecy, Jack Kinsella, Death Star 2003, brown dwarf, Hubble Telescope, Planet X, NASA, omegaletter
- Dr. Phil's Personality Test
KEYWORDS: Dr. Phil, Oprah, psychological profile
- Forward or Die
KEYWORDS: Open, parents, die, program, Girly Thug gang, kill
Next Page »